All things change and now it's official! Come July, our wonderful teacher Beth Zygielbaum will be taking the helm, and Alameda Yoga Station will become Leela Yoga under her direction. There will be some restructuring including new classes and programs and a online registration. Many current teachers will be continuing to teach and all unused classes will still be honored. Please join us in congratulating Beth! We look forward to working with her to help manifest her forward-thinking vision for yoga in Alameda.
Alameda Yoga Station is dedicated to the highest quality teaching of hatha yoga to increase body awareness, flexibility, strength, coordination and overall health and well-being. We value the positive contributions of various yoga traditions and embrace a variety of influences in our approach to teaching. All of our teachers emphasize cultivating a safe and mindful yoga practice and honor the unique needs of every student.
Upcoming Workshops & Special Classes
- Mother/Daughter Yoga with Cristin Shea has just three weeks left. Drop-in for a playful yet mindful approach to yoga. Spending meaningful time together deepens the mother/daughter relationship while creating a legacy of physical and emotional health. Saturdays, through May 18, from 1:45–3:00pm.
- Bollywood Dancing with Bhavana Mody is back on Sunday, May 19, 5:00–6:30pm. Laugh a lot while dancing a unique fusion of Bollywood dance choreography and hatha yoga. The dancing encourages self-expression, light-heartedness and grace while the yoga allows the body to remain supple and relaxed.
- Early Morning Power Yoga with Cristin Shea, Fridays, May 31 and June 28 at 5:45–6:45am. Deep and challenging vinyasa-flow sequences designed for core strengthening and increased flexibility. Don't miss this special opportunity!
- Summer Solstice Full Moon Hike with Sandy Blaine and Michael Moran, Saturday, June 22, 5:00–8:30pm. Join us for this special evening celebrating the solstice at Point Pinole Regional Shoreline. Enjoy a simple, mindful yoga practice together before setting off on our naturalist-guided moonrise hike.
- Summer Solstice Full Moon Flow Class with Johanna Svedberg Lafferty, Sunday, June 23, 6:00–8:00pm. Join us for a special evening to honor the brightest day of the year. This class will begin with an active sun salutation flow followed by breath-centered longer-held posesand ending with a contemplative guided meditation. Practice with friends and live Northern Classical Indian music consisting of a sitar and a drum. All levels welcome.
- AYS is pleased to host Music Together’s wonderful music classes for toddlers.
New & Featured Ongoing Classes for Winter 2013
- Intermediate Yoga with Sandy Blaine, Sundays, 10:30am–12:15pm
- Community Yoga with Kathy Yoshida, Mondays, 12:00–1:00pm
- Open Practice with Deborah Crooks, Tuesdays/Thursdays, 7:00–8:30am
- Beginning/Intermediate Yoga with Dawn Adams, Tuesdays, 9:00–10:00am
- Yoga for Curvy Girls and Big Guys with Elina Zimmerman, Tuesdays, 6:15–7:15pm
- Ashtanga (Intro/Beg) with Deborah Crooks, Wednesday, 5:45–7:00pm
- Beginning Yoga with Gretchen Corbin, Wednesday, 7:30–9:00pm
- Pre-Natal with Beth Zygielbaum, Thursdays, 7:30–9:00pm (new class)
- Friday Night Flow with Beth Zygielbaum, Fridays, 8:30–9:30pm
- Beginning/Intermediate Yoga with Erica Grevemeyer, Saturdays, 8:30–10:00am
- Core: Pilates & Yoga with Barbara Lande, Saturdays, 10:15–11:45am